Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm Once Again Lazy...

So, I've decided to combine my two blogs cause I am once again admitting to be lazy and don't want to keep up with 2 blogs...so, here are some things I did on the other blog that I'll just copy paste over here.


From yesterday:
So, I was just watching Oprah earlier, and she was venturing into the cult - I mean, polygamist community - The Yearning for Zion (YFZ) Ranch, located in the great state of Texas (of course, like we need another individual/group of characters to make us look strange). It was extreme and obviously disturbing. However, it was somewhat interesting to say the least.








I think the biggest thing was seeing the denial in all the men's faces as Oprah interviewed them. It was the most ridiculous thing. How do these women not see through this? Oh yes, because they are "brain washed". Well, not according to anyone there, obviously.

If their brains hadn't been molded by their parents (and by parents I mean one father, another man who they I guess see as their "leader" -I think his name is Merril Jessop-, and one to three mothers) into what they are today, then they obviously would not be there.



Kind creepy, ain't he?













One girl was actually taken out of the "community" by her mother when she was 15ish, and immediately following her 18th birthday, left her mother to go back to the polygamist "community" because she wanted so badly to return to the people who loved her (and I'm assuming those hot dresses and hair styles).


When the teen girls were asked why they all dress the same, they looked at Oprah all confused and said (and I quote) "our dresses are clearly not all the same". Oprah laughed at this, as I would have, and asked the girl to elaborate. The girl said that, if they like a dress that another has on, they will ask "where did you get that dress?" I'm just a tad confused by this. Aren't there like three women who make the entire communities clothes? Clearly I hope they understand that department stores nowadays do not carry such "elaborate" designs (and by "elaborate" I mean outdated/awful).




As funny as I try to make this, it really is so sad the way that these kids are being made to do nothing but work from the very moment they can walk (I'm sure that the crawlers are welcome to clean the floors, or something).



When Oprah asked what they did for fun, they said that "work is fun." Oh, well of course. That's what all kids in the world say when they are brain-washed by their parents to do so. You gotta just pray for the well-being of those kids and hope that they someday get rescued from this (at least so they aren't forced to wear one of these lovely ensembles pictured to the left here <----).



And, as for my advise for the future, if you are planning on starting a polygamist community, please venture to another state. We are all crazied up down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment